Author Topic: KRIEGS HETZE  (Read 4012 times)

• Kriegs Hetze, War Inflammatory The scene is of a rally. A crowd of people are supporting a call to take up arms, placards and flags are hoisted above an animated mob and on a pole is a monstrous head wearing a pickelhaube and on a second pole is a clenched fist, or perhaps a gloved hand. The whole atmosphere is of incitement to war.

Bronze uniface 48mm c1914
KRIEGS HETZE
« on: November 09, 2013, 01:35:41 AM »

Kriegs Hetze, War Inflammatory The scene is of a rally. A crowd of people are supporting a call to take up arms, placards and flags are hoisted above an animated mob and on a pole is a monstrous head wearing a pickelhaube and on a second pole is a clenched fist, or perhaps a gloved hand. The whole atmosphere is of incitement to war.

Bronze uniface 48mm c1914
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 05:05:22 AM by Redmikey »
  • Administrator
  • Museum examples located in Hamburg, London, Munich, New York, Stuttgart, and Vienna. This is one of three available for private collection.

It is not surprising that "Warmongering" was banned by the German High Command. Driven by primitive emotions, fired by State propaganda, the mass of bellicose people gather around the severed head of an enemy soldier whose carictured features in turn are intended to appeal to their lower instincts. The clenched gauntlet is raised as a sign of retaliation and aggressive rage; the gesture is echoed by some of the crowd.

A wonderful and rare example of Munich schooler medallic art.
Re: KRIEGS HETZE
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 11:21:54 AM »
Museum examples located in Hamburg, London, Munich, New York, Stuttgart, and Vienna. This is one of three available for private collection.

It is not surprising that "Warmongering" was banned by the German High Command. Driven by primitive emotions, fired by State propaganda, the mass of bellicose people gather around the severed head of an enemy soldier whose carictured features in turn are intended to appeal to their lower instincts. The clenched gauntlet is raised as a sign of retaliation and aggressive rage; the gesture is echoed by some of the crowd.

A wonderful and rare example of Munich schooler medallic art.
  • Great input Haarmann I am learning

What always makes me smile is the figure near us who is standing quietly holding her "hand bag" whilst all around her are animated.

Re: KRIEGS HETZE
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:50:37 AM »
Great input Haarmann I am learning

What always makes me smile is the figure near us who is standing quietly holding her "hand bag" whilst all around her are animated.