Welcome to SecessionistMedals.com > New Member Welcome and Check In

A Jutland/Skagerrak medal enthusiast/researcher

<< < (2/2)

Henry Scott Goodman:
"Which Goetz medal do you believe is Skagerrak-related?"

Sorry,  Wrong medallion and wrong war... :-[

NetJohn:

--- Quote from: Henry Scott Goodman on November 28, 2019, 10:49:38 PM ---"Which Goetz medal do you believe is Skagerrak-related?"

Sorry,  Wrong medallion and wrong war... :-[

--- End quote ---

I got excited for a moment.  ;D ;D

John

Rabenauge:
Hi John - sorry for the delayed response.  Yes, the Ebbinghaus Skagerrak medal is in my collection, as are most of the medals I post on this site.  You're right that the medal is rare, as are most of those by Ebbinghaus.  Just by chance, I saw this one listed on eBay: the dealer knew it was German, and knew it was rare, but wrote nothing more about it.  As I'm sure you know, when you research medals a while, you develop many "search images" which serve you well going quickly through multiple listings, so I recognized it immediately, was the sole bidder, and got it for the modest starting price.  Keep an eye on auction sites, especially German sites; sooner or later one may turn up.  All the Best!

Rabenauge:
Hi John.  Not sure if you're a collector of British Skagerrak (Jutland) medals, but thought I'd pass along this link to a huge and handsome piece available in Germany: https://www.ma-shops.com/hossfeld/item.php?id=190510012.  Perhaps you've already seen it or have an example.  If you don't read German and need translation assistance, please let me know.  All the Best!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version