Author Topic: Hello to all of you  (Read 2709 times)

• numismatik.mario-weidner.de
  • I wanna say hello to everyone here.
    Found this forum during a research on a porcelain version (Meissen!) of a medal from Karl Goetz.
    Actually, coins are my passion but also medals! A little bit of Goetz, but also Medals from Medalists from Saxony (Kitzkatz, Hörnlein and Barduleck)

best regards
    Mario
Hello to all of you
« on: January 28, 2023, 10:13:42 AM »
I wanna say hello to everyone here.
Found this forum during a research on a porcelain version (Meissen!) of a medal from Karl Goetz.
Actually, coins are my passion but also medals! A little bit of Goetz, but also Medals from Medalists from Saxony (Kitzkatz, Hörnlein and Barduleck)

best regards
Mario
  • Global Moderator
    • KarlGoetz.com
  • Hello Mario!  Again, so sorry you had to wait forever to be approved as a member.  I hope my apology doesn't ring hollow to you.

I would be very interested in any discoveries you may have made regarding Goetz Meissen pieces.  I have had several suspicions that he produced in limited scope using porcelain. 
    These suspicions were born from my discovery of a hidden drawer contained with Karl's personal medal cabinet that I purchased from the Goetz family in Munich.

This box contained many small treasures of wax seals, coins, plaster casts of medals likely from museums that were used as reference for his creative process.  There were also two designs in plaster that match Meissen issued pieces.  Florian Goetz, Karl's grandson, gifted me with another unissued piece that was half completed by Karl.

If you'd like, I can create a 'Porcelain' sub-forum for futher discussions.  Just let me know!  Henry
Re: Hello to all of you
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 02:18:34 PM »
Hello Mario!  Again, so sorry you had to wait forever to be approved as a member.  I hope my apology doesn't ring hollow to you.

I would be very interested in any discoveries you may have made regarding Goetz Meissen pieces.  I have had several suspicions that he produced in limited scope using porcelain. 
These suspicions were born from my discovery of a hidden drawer contained with Karl's personal medal cabinet that I purchased from the Goetz family in Munich.

This box contained many small treasures of wax seals, coins, plaster casts of medals likely from museums that were used as reference for his creative process.  There were also two designs in plaster that match Meissen issued pieces.  Florian Goetz, Karl's grandson, gifted me with another unissued piece that was half completed by Karl.

If you'd like, I can create a 'Porcelain' sub-forum for futher discussions.  Just let me know!  Henry
    • numismatik.mario-weidner.de
  • Hello Henry,

I am sorry, I had expressed myself incorrectly. The medal I have is a later copy of a Götz medal made in 1991 by the Meissen Porcelain Manufactory on behalf of a book publisher from Berlin.

Re: Hello to all of you
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 12:04:54 PM »
Hello Henry,

I am sorry, I had expressed myself incorrectly. The medal I have is a later copy of a Götz medal made in 1991 by the Meissen Porcelain Manufactory on behalf of a book publisher from Berlin.