Author Topic: DEATH NETTING  (Read 6169 times)

• Death wears a beret and perhaps sailors outfit he's retrieving a net full of naval ships

Perhaps my favorite medal an image hard to forget

Bronze uniface 70.8 mm dated 1915
DEATH NETTING
« on: November 10, 2013, 05:55:15 AM »

Death wears a beret and perhaps sailors outfit he's retrieving a net full of naval ships

Perhaps my favorite medal an image hard to forget

Bronze uniface 70.8 mm dated 1915
  • I've wondered from time to time if these large medals with an attached loop were actually worn around someones neck...and if someone, somewhere fell down hard and landed with the medal sideways, causing a fatal chest wound!
Re: DEATH NETTING
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 08:54:25 AM »
I've wondered from time to time if these large medals with an attached loop were actually worn around someones neck...and if someone, somewhere fell down hard and landed with the medal sideways, causing a fatal chest wound!
  • I've never met a neck I didn't like.
  •  :o

You doth wonder too much.

Someone sure hosed the solder job on this medallion/loop attachment.  I'll bet you could take the medallion to a jeweler to have them remove the solder without damage to the piece.  I don't suggest you do it yourself though.

Re: DEATH NETTING
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 01:17:20 PM »
 :o

You doth wonder too much.

Someone sure hosed the solder job on this medallion/loop attachment.  I'll bet you could take the medallion to a jeweler to have them remove the solder without damage to the piece.  I don't suggest you do it yourself though.