Author Topic: Frankenhuis collection and Esseo  (Read 11170 times)

• www.macarenses@co.uk
  • Hi. I note from Frankenhuis that he has listed 3 Esseo medals. Yet, Frankenhuis donated a number of her medals (more than 3...) to the British Museum. Perhaps he bought them after the catalogue was published, yet is there any reason for the numerical disparity?
Frankenhuis collection and Esseo
« on: January 07, 2014, 01:55:00 PM »
Hi. I note from Frankenhuis that he has listed 3 Esseo medals. Yet, Frankenhuis donated a number of her medals (more than 3...) to the British Museum. Perhaps he bought them after the catalogue was published, yet is there any reason for the numerical disparity?
  • Administrator
  • Macarenses, do you know which medals he he donated to the BM?  Although his collection was large, it certainly wasn't inclusive.  There are many medals, medallions, plaques, and plaguettes of the war years that never made it into his collection.

I have a set of the Schulmann WWI sales catalogs that would undoubtedly have the rest of her medals listed but it will take some time for me to go through the seven very fragile volumes to see what is listed.  If I don't get back on this then send me a PM and remind me!!
Re: Frankenhuis collection and Esseo
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 11:54:39 PM »
Macarenses, do you know which medals he he donated to the BM?  Although his collection was large, it certainly wasn't inclusive.  There are many medals, medallions, plaques, and plaguettes of the war years that never made it into his collection.

I have a set of the Schulmann WWI sales catalogs that would undoubtedly have the rest of her medals listed but it will take some time for me to go through the seven very fragile volumes to see what is listed.  If I don't get back on this then send me a PM and remind me!!
    • www.macarenses@co.uk
  • For Frankenhuis I clicked on the link here and it showed me what he donated to the museum (135 items appar.). It is interesting to me that he also collected notgeld or german emergency money as I have hundreds of these as well and they are brilliant for images of german expressionism/propaganda - http://frankenhuiscollection.com/?page_id=121
Re: Frankenhuis collection and Esseo
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 12:30:28 PM »
For Frankenhuis I clicked on the link here and it showed me what he donated to the museum (135 items appar.). It is interesting to me that he also collected notgeld or german emergency money as I have hundreds of these as well and they are brilliant for images of german expressionism/propaganda - http://frankenhuiscollection.com/?page_id=121