Author Topic: Zadikow and his medals  (Read 5566 times)

• www.macarenses@co.uk
  • I am interested to see what people think of Zadikow and his output (specifically his death series). In my opinion he is like Gies in showing the sheer madness and slaughter of war and not just producing medals for war propaganda. I cannot see in his medals (the Scottish piper excluded) propaganda on behalf of the german state. He is different in say Eberbach and Lindl, where death is often personified and has explanatory propaganda text. This issue goes to the very heart of why these medals were created and the patronage system etc. Perhaps Zadikow was placed different from others due to being Jewish and suffered obviously by the time of world war two. Thoughts anyone?
Zadikow and his medals
« on: January 07, 2014, 02:19:18 PM »
I am interested to see what people think of Zadikow and his output (specifically his death series). In my opinion he is like Gies in showing the sheer madness and slaughter of war and not just producing medals for war propaganda. I cannot see in his medals (the Scottish piper excluded) propaganda on behalf of the german state. He is different in say Eberbach and Lindl, where death is often personified and has explanatory propaganda text. This issue goes to the very heart of why these medals were created and the patronage system etc. Perhaps Zadikow was placed different from others due to being Jewish and suffered obviously by the time of world war two. Thoughts anyone?