Author Topic: Horseman of the Apocalypse  (Read 9671 times)

• Administrator
  • Death Rides in Victory

1914, Cast Bronze, 98mm

Death rides triumphant over dead humans and destruction below.  His minions follow in obedience.  In exergue: MCMXIV (1914) with TG below.

This medallion, Death, is one of four medallions depicting the riders of the Apocalypse that were made by Theodor von Gosen in Germany, 1914.
Horseman of the Apocalypse
« on: November 11, 2013, 02:51:32 PM »
Death Rides in Victory

1914, Cast Bronze, 98mm

Death rides triumphant over dead humans and destruction below.  His minions follow in obedience.  In exergue: MCMXIV (1914) with TG below.

This medallion, Death, is one of four medallions depicting the riders of the Apocalypse that were made by Theodor von Gosen in Germany, 1914.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:34:01 AM by Haarmann »
  • Havent seen this one before--it definetely would be a "must-buy"
Re: Horseman of the Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 08:50:26 AM »
Havent seen this one before--it definetely would be a "must-buy"
  • Administrator
  • This would be the only one out of the four medallion set I'd be interested in.  The set is rare but the other three aren't as macabre as this one.

I am hoping that the owner of this medallion will join up as he has a rather interesting collection I'd love to hear more about.
Re: Horseman of the Apocalypse
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 11:36:25 PM »
This would be the only one out of the four medallion set I'd be interested in.  The set is rare but the other three aren't as macabre as this one.

I am hoping that the owner of this medallion will join up as he has a rather interesting collection I'd love to hear more about.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 12:09:15 AM by Haarmann »